Sunday 24 January 2010

Smash-up Derby

So, last night, as we (Shelby and I, and our friend Emily) were laying around watching Viva la Bam, I heard a funky-sounding crash coming from outside somewhere. I didn't say anything because I thought that maybe I'd been hearing things again, but I totally would have said something had I realized that a smash-up derby was going on right outside our house.

Our curiosity escalated when we saw the two police cars leave, flanking an ambulance with its lights on. So we bundled up and headed further into the terribleness of our neighborhood to see what the hell was going on. Apparently, according to Andy (one of our neighbors), someone in a truck/SUV was driving down the road, lost control and hit the guardrail directly across from our driveway, causing his tire to fly off, and the vehicle to flip over on its hood and skid a short distance down the road to come to a halt in front of Andy's house.

Everyone was freaked out. I laughed, because I'd never heard of a one-man smash-up derby before.

No comments:

Post a Comment